- What does Web Vitals provide?
Essential metrics for a healthy site
Google introduced Core Web Vitals to help you gain real life insight in how your users experience your website or webshop by:
- Loading time: how long do your users have to wait until they see something on your website;
- Interactivity: how long until your users can do something on your website;
- Visual stability: will the website they see be stable, or shift while loading.
- Better loading time
Improving Largest Contentful Paint
LCP reports the render time of the largest image or text block visible within the viewport of your webshop or site. This could be your main product image.
- A LCP lower then 2.5 seconds, means your website has a good loading score.
- A fast LCP helps reassure the user that the page is useful, thus lowering the bounce-rate.
- I help you and your team with a strategy that will lower your LCP.
- Faster Interactivity
First Input Delay
The FID metric measures your users first impression of the interactivity and responsiveness within your website or webshop.
- An optimal FID User Experience is lower then 100ms;
- More visual stability
Cumulative Layout Shift
Every unexpected layout shift that occurs while your user is interacting on your webshop page, is measured by the CLS metric.
- You should aim for your CLS to be lower then 10%;
- This will ensure that your users will not start reading - or worse clicking- something that will shift later;
- I will help you to prevent users getting frustrated and bounce due to layout-shifts and lead your e-commerce to increased conversion.
We found that when a site meets the above thresholds, users are 24% less likely to abandon page loadsGoogle / Chromium
Frequently asked questions
My FAQ has grown a bit over time, forcing users to do quite some collapsing, so I divided it into already opened sections: